Here at About Gains we care about your privacy and are fully committed to ensuring it’s protected at all times. This policy (together with our terms and conditions and any other documents referred to on it) explains how we process any personal data that you provide to us or that we collect from you.
Please read the following policy carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. You can be assured that all of the information you provide when using www.aboutgains.com will only ever be used in accordance with this policy.
About gains reserves the right to update this policy at any time. The latest version will always be published on this page and we recommend you check its before agreeing to use our site.
This policy was last updated on 08/01/2016.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998, the data controller is About Gains Limited (www.aboutgains.com) whose registered address is About Gains, 20-22 Wenlock Road, London, N1 7GU.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We do not store credit card details nor do we share customer details with any 3rd parties.
WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may collect the following information:
- Name, gender and date of birth.
- Contact information including address, telephone number and email address.
- Demographic information, such as postcode, preferences and interests.
- Website usage data and purchasing history.
- Information relevant to client enquiries.
- Information pertaining to special offers and surveys.
WHY WE COLLECT THIS INFORMATION
As an About Gains customer, we want to provide you with the best products and service possible. The information we gather about individuals helps us to do just that. More specifically, we may use this information to:
- Improve www.aboutgains.com and all its features.
- Improve the products and services we offer.
- Build and maintain our own internal records.
- Better understand your interests and preferences. With this we will be able to send you promotional emails about products, services, offers and other things we think may be relevant to you.
- Customise your online experience.
- Conduct market research. We may contact you by email or over the phone to discuss your About Gains experience, training goals and anything else we believe may help us provide you with a better service.
- Contact you in response to a specific enquiry.
- Notify you about changes to our service.
- Send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting.
WHAT IS A COOKIE
A cookie is a small file placed on your computer’s hard drive. Cookies enable our website and applications to identify your computer as you view different pages on our website. They also store some of your preferences. This enables us to present you with more relevant/interesting content, options and functions in the future.
Cookies also analyse overall web traffic and provide us with website statistics. For example, they tell us how many people use www.aboutgains.com and which pages are the most popular. Cookies do not provide us with access to your computer, store any credit/debit card information, password details or any information about you – other than that which you choose to share with us.
To learn more about cookies and how they are used, visit www.allaboutcookies.org
- Analyse our web traffic to see what pages are being used. This helps us improve the site structure, design, content and functions.
- Test content on our website. There may be times when only certain users will see pieces of content and have access to certain features.
- Identify whether you are signed in to our website.
- Store information about your preferences, for example, which pages interest you and which do not. This will help us present more relevant and engaging content in the future.
- To recognise when you return to our website in order to present any functionality you have previously chosen.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most browsers automatically accept cookies and unless you have changed your browser to refuse them, our website will issue cookies when you visit it. However, if you don’t want our website to store cookies on your computer or device, you should set your web browser to refuse them. Please be aware that doing this may affect how our website functions and as a result some pages and services may become unavailable to you.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
www.aboutgains.com may contain links to other websites. If you decide to follow a link to any of these websites, you should be aware that they have their own privacy policies. We have no control over these policies, so if you submit any information to these websites we cannot accept any responsibility or liability for your privacy and protection.
ACCESS TO YOUR INFORMATION
The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to access all the information held about you. However, please note that any access request may be subject to a small fee in order to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
We take the security of your personal information seriously. All the information provided by you will be treated securely and strictly in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. With the volume of fraudulent credit card transactions increasing, we have decided to use PayPal to process all our transactions. In addition, we make every effort to ensure all orders are thoroughly checked using the information supplied. There is a possibility we may contact you to make additional security checks and we ask for your cooperation to enable us to complete them. Fraudulent transactions will not be tolerated by us and any such transactions will be reported to the relevant authorities. For more information on our security measures please click here.
We strive to be as accessible and helpful to our customers as possible. If you need to discuss anything then please contact us on either;
Phone: 0330 088 2232
Post: Customer Service, About Gains, 20-22 Wenlock Road, London, England, N1 7GU.